Our Aims and Objectives
Working in partnership to protect vulnerable and exploited workers
Our aim will be achieved by:
- Preventing worker exploitation
- Protecting vulnerable people
- Tackling unlicensed/criminal activity and ensuring those licensed operate within the law
The 6 strategic objectives which will ensure we meet our aim and priorities are:
- Target, dismantle and disrupt serious and organised crime/early identification of human trafficking
- Provide effective, meaningful engagement with stakeholders thereby enhancing reputation
- Work with industry to recognise and address non-compliance without formal GLA intervention
- Tackle tax evasion, health and safety negligence, fraud, breaches of employment and other law/regulations
- Maintain credible licensing scheme creating level playing field and promoting growth
- Identify and tackle forced/bonded labour by licensed and unlicensed gangmasters
Find out more...
Strategy for Protecting Vulnerable And Exploited Workers 2014-2017: Report detailing the direction the GLA will take over the specified period.